The health of your smile can have a direct impact on your daily quality of life as well as the state of your overall physical well being. Taking the time to learn about your dental health and to educate you on the “mouth-body” connection is an important aspect of our preventive dental care program at Fullerton Craft Smiles.
Keys To Lasting Oral Health
- Daily oral hygiene routine: maintaining a healthy daily oral hygiene routine is the foundation of your dental health. This includes brushing twice a day and flossing once a day to remove harmful bacteria from the teeth and gums.
- Regular dental care: visiting with us at least twice a year for a thorough dental exam and professional dental cleaning enables us to spot and treat developing problems in the early stages.
- Choosing the right products: Fullerton Craft Smiles recommends that patients use ADA approved products for at home oral hygiene. Your toothpaste should show the ADA seal and contain fluoride. Dr. Patel will make personalized recommendations for specific products that may be necessary to address your unique concerns.
- A healthy, balanced diet: eating healthy and nutritious foods that are low in added sugars will greatly reduce your risk of tooth decay and gum disease. This includes limiting sugary drinks and sipping on juices and sodas throughout the day.
- Healthy lifestyle habits: smoking and tobacco use threaten both oral and overall health. Reducing or eliminating smoking can greatly improve all aspects of your health and well being.
In addition, protecting your teeth and gums with custom sports mouth guards when participating in contact sports is also an important tool in reducing the risk of tooth damage- or even loss- from an accident. Remember- teeth do not grow back!